- The types of personal information which we hold and for what purposes we hold such information.
- How we use this information and how long we keep your personal information.
- Your rights to your personal data.
- The procedures we have in place to ensure that your personal information is secure and that your privacy is protected.
What personal information do we hold and for what purposes?
We hold the following information:
- Digital photographic images which you provide us with for us to create your desired canvas or acrylic.
- Identifying information such as your name, address, telephone number or email address when you either register for an account with us or make a one-off purchase using our website.
- Information about products ordered, including previous orders.
- Information about how you use our website (see ‘Cookies’ section for more information).
How do we use this information and how long do we keep your personal information?
We use your personal information for our own administrative, sales, marketing and product development purposes. This information allows us to provide you with an optimised service and to be able to contact you regarding your purchase (s), if required, your account, troubleshooting, or any disputes that may arise. When contacting you for such purposes as outlined above we may contact you via email, telephone or SMS. Smiffle Trading Ltd will not pass on, share, sell or trade your personal data or any details relating to credit or debit cards to any third party, other than when:
- We are required to do so by law or in connection to legal proceedings.
- We transmit credit/debit card information when transactions are made on our website to the appropriate credit/debit card company.
- We may disclose your personal information to PayPal Inc. to prevent, detect and investigate potentially illegal acts, fraud or security breaches on your Smiffle.com or PayPal accounts.
- We may disclose your personal information to our legal, accounting or other professional advisers, website hosts or couriers/postal providers.
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary and in connection with the purposes above. We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
Your rights to your personal data
- The right to be informed - you have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data.
- The right of access – you have the right to access the personal data we hold about you. The request can be made verbally or in writing.
- The right to rectification – you have the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified or completed if it is incomplete. If you have an account with us, this can be done by logging into your account and changing your personal details.
- The right to erasure – you have the right for personal that we hold about you to be erased.
- The right to restrict processing – you have the right to request that the personal data we hold is restricted or suppressed.
- The right to data portability – you have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services.
- The right to object – you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
Protecting your personal data
We have strict security measures in place which cover the storage and disclosure of your personal information. We hold digital personal data on computers held at our secure central offices (see address below).
Shopify is a world-renowned provider of online stores. As such they have state-of-the-art online security, server systems and encryption levels to ensure that your personal data will be protected against fraudulent use whilst on our website. If you have any concerns relating to security, please email us at email@example.com.
We will never ask for payment over phone or email. If you receive an unsolicited email asking you for your Smiffle.com log in details, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us on 01443 434281.
Cookies are used on Smiffle.com to keep track of the products in your shopping cart once you have selected an item, to store delivery addresses, and to store your details if you select this option. They also help us provide you with the best possible service by logging your favourite and most viewed products. When you place an order we collect your name, email address, delivery address, phone number and payment card information.
The email address you provide may be used to contact you regarding our products and services. We will only contact you if you have previously ‘opted-in’ to receive up to date news and exclusive offers when making a purchase from this website. If at any time you wish to stop receiving this service, you can simply unsubscribe by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the footer of our email communications.
Smiffle Trading Ltd
Gelli Industrial Estate
Rhondda Cynon Taff